Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's Not Even Nine and I'm Covered in Glitter...

...and I have had two sips of coffee. There is something very wrong here.

(As a side note, Issa is looking over my shoulder and is reading many of the words as I type--so proud!)

Issa has the next two days off for parent-teacher conferences. I signed her up for a paper mache castle workshop both mornings at her school. In my brain, I thought that would mean I would be free of crafting for two days. Miss Melissa could enjoy the mess.

I was clearly mistaken. I did not take into account the supply gathering. We have spent the past month collecting small boxes, toilet paper rolls, egg cartons, etc., to build this castle. This morning, we are gathering decorations. Scraps of fabric and ribbon, old necklaces, beads, pipe cleaners--it's quite the collection. Somehow, all of the glitter from the ribbon is on my pants. I will be very sparkly today....and I really need some coffee.

By the way, I will certainly post pictures of the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment