Thursday, April 21, 2016

Great Friends

I've mentioned before that our street has become a village. We are basically a parenting collective on any given day. But last night I was reminded that it's not just about the kids.

I was sitting at the dojo when my phone buzzed. I had an incoming call from one of the dads down the street, and he never calls me. Like ever. So of course I answered assuming they were in a major jam. Here's the conversation.

"Oh good! It's not you!"

"Marty?"

"Yeah. I just saw a van and a woman that looked like you parked on the on ramp to 85. If it was you, I was going to turn around and see what you needed."

"Nope. Not me. I'm at the dojo. Thanks, though!"

"Yep. Bye."

End of story. Notice he didn't say I was going to see if you needed help. Had it been me, he was turning around. That is a great friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment