Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Staycation Miracles

Last week, Brad and I enjoyed every moment of a staycation. The kids went to Nana Camp, and Brad and I spent the week binging House of Cards, eating what and when we wanted, and most importantly redoing the kitchen.

We dropped the kids off Satuday and went to Home Depot for all the supplies we would need. We got this far before we called it a day:
 Yep...we dumped the entire contents of our kitchen into the family room. It was a mess. Making coffee Sunday morning was an adventure.

Sunday, though, Brad started patching walls while I taped:
 And by Monday night we were putting paint on the walls:
 We also spent a couple days without doors so they could be painted:
 Thankfully, I have a very handy husband who installed new outlets, hinges, and lights:
 We finished moving everything back in just a few hours before the kids came home, but their homework station is all ready for school to begin:
 And the new cabinet hardware and clear counters make a huge difference:
 I love the brighter doors and archway:

 And we redid the stove area to make it more functional:
 But this is the best:
We switched tables around at the house, and I reapholstered these chairs to match.

We are loving our new space, which feels a million times bigger.

Most importantly, I'm so very grateful for the week spent just being together. The fall hustle is starting, so I'm clinging to the feels from last week with everything I've got!

No comments:

Post a Comment