Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Little Man

Brad is in Denver for work right now, and I saw a completely different side of Evan last night--one my mom has been telling me about.

With Brad gone, Evan has decided he needs to be the man of the house in the most adorable and impressive way.

We had a tornado watch last night, and Evan took it upon himself to check the alerts every fifteen minutes, keep us updated, and remind us we were just fine and it wasn't time to worry yet. He stood with his little hands on his hips watching the wind and evaluating the sky until the watch lifted.

When he was getting ready for bed, he went room to room and put down the windows and locked them tight. He was quite aggravated I asked him to leave the back door open--even though I promised to close and lock it when I went to sleep. He checked the garage door twice, and reminded me three times to lock the back door before I went to bed.

It was so sweet to watch him shift into this caretaker role. It was one of those parenting moments where it felt like we might be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment