Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Day 180: I Intentionally Made Something!

I got to go to the pottery studio again on Sunday! I'm managing to get a slot about once a month, which is great timing. My project don't dry out, and I can accomplish quite a bit in three hours. 

When I got there I had a bowl to trim, and then I sat down to throw. Generally, I just throw and see what comes out. I was quite delighted when this happened:
I'm hoping to add a handle and use it as a gravy boat this fall.

After that success, I decided to try to actually set out to make something. I had seen some bud vases that others in the studio had made, and I decided to give it a try. I watch a few YouTube videos, and set to work. Tada:

It's a little candlestick-ish, but it is definitely a bud vase! And it only took this many flops:
I can totally reclaim that clay and use it again, which is why I'm never afraid to try to stretch myself a bit. It was really fun to intentionally make something. Now I just have to decide what's next.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment