Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Day 409: It Felt Like School Again

 Yesterday, work finally felt like school again.

We had our student teachers back on campus doing their final wrap-up classes. I could hear my colleague teaching and their excited chatter down the hall. They popped in on breaks, and I could hear genuine laughter down the hall.

We have some events this weekend, and yesterday we did some run-throughs to make sure we had the kinks ironed out. Colleagues I have only seen online for over a year were back on campus. They worked most of the day, popping in and out.

I got nothing done, and it was lovely. I have missed those five minute conversations in the doorway or hallway. I miss those laughs down the hallway or the occasional shouted question down the hall. Sure we were all masked up, but it felt like one more step forward--a huge step forward--and I'm so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment