Friday, July 16, 2021

I Always Knew it Would Happen

 For a while now, I knew there would come a day when Evan would be significantly stronger than me. He's not a huge kid, but what is there is solid muscle. He's already taller than me by a few inches, and this morning I realized he is way, way stronger than I am.

After a lot of years of patching our fence together, we are finally getting it replaced. They can't do the work until October, but that gives us time to get the backyard cleaned up and sorted. This morning, I was going out to do more pruning and thinning of trees, and Evan offered to come with me. I have him the saw I usually use and pointed him towards a tree that would have taken me a chunk of time to fell. Before I blinked he had it down and to the curb. We worked for an hour, and we made more progress than I usually make in a week. He was just a tank.

It is so fun to watch the kids grow up, and I am so grateful for all that they are becoming--especially a son who offers to help and then is truly helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment