Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Designated Mama

I had the best time on Saturday! Issa's high school is having a semi-formal in a few weeks, and the high school dance team has decided to go together. I am the only mom that enjoys shopping, so I got to take the four girls!

We started with lunch because I have seen this crew hangry and I wasn't here for it. We laughed so hard at California Pizza kitchen, and then we headed to Macy's. No one knew what they had in mind, and only Issa knew her size, so it was quite the hysterical start. We opted to begin by trying on a formal just for fun to break the ice:
We spent the next hour and a half divided between two dressings rooms. I got over 4,000 steps in the semi-formal department at Macy's, which is just not that big. I was running size and dressed in similar colors or with similar styles. These four were so supportive of each other, and we had a blast trying on I don't even know how many dresses. The clerk finally stopped me because she saw me running so many dresses, but once I told her I had four girls back there she just looked overwhelmed and wished me luck. At the end of the day, we ended up with this set:
Issa's is definitely my favorite, but they are all so happy! I think the current plan is they are all getting ready at our house before Brad and I make them a fancy dinner and drop them off. I think Brad is even wearing a suit and playing chauffeur. 

I love being with these girls, and I love that they love each other so well. I'm sure this is one of many, many memories to come.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment