Monday, April 3, 2023

What a Weekend

This weekend was super busy on the front half and blissfully quiet on Sunday.

I worked late Friday night judging Stunt. It's basically a field day that ends with a lip sync. This was the first full post-Covid stunt, and it was so fun to be back. The seniors won, and there was much celebrating.

Saturday, I attended a bridal shower for a former student. It was so fun to see so many of my former students. They also thought it was hysterical to make me the bride in the toilet paper bridal gown game:

Both Friday and Saturday were exhausting. It takes a lot of energy to be Dr. B. for extra hours, but it's also part of why I love my job--being with my students outside of the classroom and staying with them into their adult lives. It also meant I needed a very low-key Sunday.

Sunday morning, I finished book 8 of the year:

I can already hear my sister calling me a nerd, but I loved this biography of Emily Dickinson. It took me a long time to finish this over-600 volume. I wrote my first undergrad paper on Dickinson. A ton of research was happening at that time, and this book is the culmination of a lot of that research. It was fascinating--highly recommend.

The rest of the day was pretty relaxed. I did capture these sweet moments:


The kids are back to school this week, and I actually have a quieter week at work. Here we go...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment