Tuesday, November 28, 2023

So Very Thankful

We had a lovely Thanksgiving break, although I was terrible about pictures this year. I did most of the cooking on Wednesday, but Issa joined me for the pie baking. She has claimed the pumpkin filling spot:
And I made the prettiest gluten-free crust I have ever made:
And then this happened:
I have never had a piece of crust break like that, and I was so sad.

I love our Thanksgiving table:

The plates I purchased from a friend's antique shop, and everything else belonged to my grandmothers. They are all on the table, and it makes me so happy.

After lunch, we officially kicked off the Christmas season with Hallmark movies and Nana's Nespresso advent calendar:

Friday Brad made his Who Hash, and then we all headed out to purchase our trees. Kai joined us this year, and a very kind fireman took a whole group picture; it's the first one we have of me at the tree lot:
Nana picked out a huge one:
And Kai loved it so much:
Brad was grateful for another set of long arms this year:
Especially since this is the biggest tree Nana has ever had, which is saying something:
Saturday, we all went to the Chinese Lantern Festival:
The pictures really don't do it justice. The theme was the Monkey King and mythical creatures of China:
They were just gorgeous:
Sunday, we spent the day decorating the house and then watched the premier of the Hallmark Christmas at Biltmore movie, which was so good!

This week is a whirlwind, but we are still finding ways to enjoy the season and continue our gratitude.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment