Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yummy!

I am always trying to think of new and interesting ways to serve vegetables at our house. I get bored so easily, and I just can't roast or steam one more thing. When I stumbled across this recipe, my heart nearly skipped a beat:
 Chicken Paillards with Arugula Salad. It was heavenly and incredibly simple. The sauce on the bottom is a little thickened chicken broth with Dijon and thyme. The chicken itself marinated in lemon juice, zest, olive oil, and thyme before being cooked in a dry pan. The salad, the lovely salad, was arugula, baby spinach, peas, radishes, and a simple dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar. It was a huge hit with everyone!

To celebrate such a succss, Daddy made this dessert, which I'm certain cancelled out such a healthy dinner:
Filo cups filled with extra thick whipped cream and crunched up cookies. It was loveliness.

Not too shabby for a Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment