Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Christmas Stories

There are so many things I love about this time of year, and this year is feeling a little extra special. Issa has long out-grown the little kid Christmas with Santa and his magic, but Evan is still holding tight, which means I am. I know we are on borrowed time, and Brad is half-certain he's playing along for my benefit, but I will take it. I love watching his excitement as he wakes up to see what the elf has done, and I love hearing the excitement in his voice as he talks about Christmas magic.

We are in that lovely middle that goes too fast--somewhere between little boy and tween. Last night, as I did dishes, Evan sifted through the Christmas book box to find some favorites. He sat at the kitchen table and read out loud to me about the adventures of Tacky and Pete. He didn't need help with the words, and there was a fluency and vibrancy in his reading that we struggled for years ago. It was truly lovely to listen to him read, and he's promised to do it again tonight.

I love these pages of the storybook, and I think I will try to turn them just a bit slower this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment