Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I Made It!

When we were in Italy, I got to "throw" pottery in Deruta. The experts actually did all the work, but my hands were in the clay. I was hooked. There is something so cool about watching a lump turn into something.

Fast forward to my birthday. Brad gave me a set of pottery classes, and I fell deeper in love with this art. Last night, I got to bring home my first fully finished pieces:
 I'm particularly proud of this little bowl:
 I wish I could make another, but that hasn't happened so far!

I love the glazing on this little bowl:

 And I'm tickled by my hand mug:
The coolest thing about making your own hand mug is it truly fits your hand perfectly--each little groove and finger.

I still have a lot to learn, but I'm still loving it. My classes have ended, but I'm signed up for open studio time. I'll keep playing and learning, but more than anything being at the wheel fuels my soul. Even when the pot fall over, it's my happy place, and I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment