Thursday, September 12, 2019

We Have a Teenager!!!

I blinked, and somehow we have an official teenager in the house:
 Last night, after she was finally in bed, I started with the decorating:
 Birthday has way too many letters to blow up, by the way.

And if you can't wake up to glitter lightbulbs on your 13th when can you?
 She already has her big present from us, which was her phone upgrade upgrade. She earned the first upgrade with her business, but she wanted the slightly better camera option, which we did for her birthday. But, there were a few packages this morning:
Evan was very excited to give her the water bottle she really wanted:
 But he was most proud of the Marvell dot-to-dot her found for her:
 He really is the most thoughtful giver.

And Dad and I wanted to have something for her to unwrap on the actual day. Only a dancer would get this excited for a toenail and callous trimming set:

I still truly can't believe she's 13. I am loving the woman she is becoming, and I wouldn't trade this stage of parenting for anything, but I so vividly remember that moment 13 years ago when she was in my arms for the first time and I became a mama. It feels like yesterday, and I know I will blink again and she will be 21. So for now, we will spend the day celebrating everything she is and will be, and I'll hug her a little extra tight.

Thanks for making me a mama, Issa Bug. I love you to the moon and stars and back....

No comments:

Post a Comment