Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Working an Abandoned Muscle

I received this cute journal from Don and Nancy for Christmas: 
Each page has a sentence or two at the top--a random story starter. You have one page to finish it.

I have found myself, sharp pencil in hand, rediscovering my old love of creative writing. I used to write with my students all the time, but when I left the classroom, I stopped working that muscle.

I'm finding immense joy in writing again, though! My stories aren't great, and I'm nowhere close to hitting on something that might spark the next great American novel, but I love hearing the scratch on the page and the feel of the words flowing from my hand. I'm not pre-writing or overthinking anything. I'm just writing for the love of words, and it's so very lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment