Wednesday, June 23, 2021

The Best Laid Plans

 I'm still laughing about how sideways yesterday went.

We had big plans for lunch at the Nickel. It was pouring rain, but we set out with our umbrellas. As we were walking through the parking lot, I fell. Like...laying flat on my face fell. I had on flip flops and my foot just slip out from under me. No real damage done, but it was not my finest moment. Looking up and seeing Brad's totally confused face looking down at me still has me laughing. 

We finally make it to the door, and they are closed. They were only opening for dinner yesterday. 

So...we went to Maggiano's. We had a lovely lunch with the fastest talking waiter of all time. he about drove Brad crazy. We drove home in a storm that would have made Noah think twice. By the time we got home, my body was so stiff I just resigned myself to the couch.

By mid-afternoon, the weather cleared up, which was great because Issa had her first hip hop class, which is happening in the Farmer's Market Pavilion until the studio is finished. She was actually having a blast until she got stung by a yellow jacket. Thank goodness her teacher travels with Benadryl.  She finished class, we got her fed, and then we rolled her into bed. 

Everyone is feeling better this morning, and it really was a basically good day--just not at all what we planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment