Thursday, June 3, 2021

Day 435: Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my 41st birthday. Last year, I published my stance on all the things. I still stand by those, and I've spent the last year speaking those more boldly. I'm unapologetically who I am, and I've enjoyed getting to know myself and taking care of myself better. My 40s are shaping up to be a fabulous decade.

Yesterday, my family gave me an absolutely perfect birthday. I woke up to packages on the bathroom counter. Guess which one was from Evan:
It made me laugh so hard.

Issa and I started the day by picking strawberries:

The baskets always look so small in the field, so we picked way too many berries:
We had Nickel for lunch and I opened my gifts. Issa gave me this black bracelet. It says "Bad Ass Mom" in Morse code:
I love it! The kids went together on this cool gift box:

And Evan totally forgot what the box said and got me this mug:
It made me laugh so hard. 

The whole family pitched in to make me nachos and strawberry shortcake for dinner, and I was asleep by nine. A perfect day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment