Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Full Circle Moments

 One of the great joys of my life is the full circle moments that surprise me at work. Every so often, I hear myself say something that one of my professors told me. I see my student teachers become cooperating teachers or my undergrads become my graduate students. But this week, I had two very special full circle moments.

Monday, I went to see a teacher who just finished my program in his classroom. He teaches in a school that was on my caseload when I worked central office, and it was also one of my grant schools while I was working on my doctorate. The last time I was in this school, I was carrying Evan in his car seat. He is an excellent teacher, and it was so good to be back in that particular school.

Yesterday, I went to observe one of our students who graduate last May--or so I thought. As any excellent interventionist would, though, she realized she had an extra resource if I was coming. She had a whole list of kids for me to meet and evaluate. We did some co-coaching in a couple of classrooms. In short, we taught and assessed elbow to elbow all day. I had over 20,000 steps by the time we left. I was exhausted in the best possible way.

As ready as I am for break, these moments and days make it all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment