Monday, April 4, 2022

Big Weekend!

We had a very big weekend! It started with a little planting project that was my gift to myself for my promotion:
The plant wall had been air plants, but they just weren't making me happy. These babies should be happy in the low-light and I love the way they look!

Friday was also April Fools, and it needed celebrating. This is what Evan woke up to:

I did the same thing to Issa's bathroom cabinets. I had hoped to get their phones, but I was afraid I would wake them up. 

Issa spent the weekend in Greenville, NC with her dance team at a convention:
I did not handle her departure gracefully. It felt strange to have her away for the first time in two years! But, I did appreciate all of the pictures her teachers sent throughout the weekend:

They even had a birthday party for one of the dancers:
And I loved seeing the laughter:
But seeing my friend with her first one of these--magic:
Issa came home tired and sore, but a good time was had by all!

I also baked my first loaf of sourdough from the starter I've been nursing for two weeks:
It was close but not quite! I'll try again soon!

Saturday night, Mom and I went to see Oklahoma:
It was hands down the worst show I have ever seen! I am all for revivals but they straight up changed the book. It was bad.

The rest of the weekend was spent snuggling and trying to recharge a bit for the week ahead. These two have become good friends lately:
As have these two:
But Buddy is still the king of being spoiled:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment