Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Books 19-21

We have had so much fun stuff going on I haven't had time to post my latest reads!

Book 19 was a surprise favorite:
I have no idea where I got The Sonnet Lover, but it was a niche book that I adored! It's about an English professor working with a study abroad program in Florence while researching the Dark Lady in Shakespeare's sonnets. It's part academic, part love story, part mystery, and it all gets tied up in a gorgeous English bow! Loved it!

Book 20 was solidly fine:

Legacy of Hunger is the first in a series, and I will not likely read the rest. It's a great piece of historical fiction about The Great Hunger, but it was a lot of build up for not a lot of story.


I finished book 21 this morning:

This one was only good because I knew Blackfeather. I could hear his stories filling in the gaps in this text. That said, I'm glad someone captured even a piece of his story and that of the tribe here in Hillsborough.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment