Monday, October 16, 2023

Senior Night

Friday night was senior night at the football game:
In addition to the banners, the senior families made this cutouts to wave at the game:
We are now calling it a Kai-sicle, and it will likely move around the house for a while. He was very amused when came over yesterday and saw it in our centerpiece.

Y'all, I was not prepared to cry my way through a football game. I hadn't thought it through that I knew so very many of these seniors since kindergarten or first grade. We lost--again--but they played hard. After the game, the coach spoke to each senior on the 50, and Kai was last:

I'm so stupid proud of this kid:
He took on something brand new this year. It's his first time playing high school football. Our team hasn't won a single game. But man. He has gotten better every week, and he is the biggest encourager on the field. He is reflective and thoughtful, and those skills will serve him well off the field.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment