Wednesday, April 10, 2024

A Wild Ride of a Conference

I spent the end of last week at an accreditation conference for work, and it was one wild ride. I flew into Orlando on Wednesday for a Thursday start, and I barely made. The weather did not cooperate, my flight cancelled and then uncancelled. At a low point I was landing at 1am instead of 3:30pm. I had four different flights at one point. It was wild, but I made it! In all of the chaos, I managed to leave my brick in the wall of the airport. I realized I could Door Dash a brick, but I had to call to see what kind of phone I had and what kind of brick I needed. By the time I landed at 9pm I just didn't have the brain capacity. He asked me to send a picture of the cord:
Bless him. That's the end that goes in the phone. Not helpful. I sent him the right picture:
And I had the right brick in 20 minutes. The actual conference was amazing! So many of these people I have "known" online for years, and it was great to miss in person. I had three presentations, and the book I have a chapter in launched:
I'm not going to lie, it was pretty cool to see my name solo in print in an actual book. And it was fun to present:
I also got to have dinner with Becca while I was in town, which was awesome! I don't often get a lot of time with just her, so it was great to catch up over a very long, very good meal.

Thankfully, the flight home was smooth and I got in on time, and my saint of a husband picked me up at 10:45pm. 

I'm already looking forward to next year's conference and reconnecting with these colleagues.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment