Friday, April 19, 2024

Small Rituals

 We got a new coffee pot last week. We loved out old one. It didn't have a traditional pot, which meant the coffee stayed warm forever. It was great until the lever broke and coffee would just randomly start flowing. It was a lot to handle before you had your coffee. When that became a somewhat regular occurrence, we ordered a replacement.

This one has the traditional pot again. I didn't realize how much I missed the small ritual of pouring coffee in the morning. Something about that motion just feels homey and comforting. It has made me realize all of the other small things I do everyday to keep my ship sailing.

May and June are always a blur, and I've made a commitment to soak in all of the moments this year, and I'm settling into the small rituals to keep me grounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment