Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It used to be the gallery...

Does anything look a little odd about this armoire? Perhaps a close up will help...

You may be asking what that is. The answer is simple...it's a sculpture. Issa made it. She was working at her art table, and she came down to the landing and proclaimed: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Ta-da!"


After a brief pause, I asked, "What is it?"


After a long pause and a look that can best be summed up as a have you gone daft look, Issa simply stated, "It's a sculpture."


Then Daddy put it on top of the armoire in a place of honor. When Issa was just a baby and started making art at school, we decided the inside of the armoire doors would be the art gallery. I didn't want children's art to take over my house--no matter how much I love it--and I truly do. That worked for a while, and then slowly, the art started to ooze. Now most doors, the kitchen cabinets, the window above the art table, and some random spots of wall proudly display Issa and Evan art. It makes me smile, and I love their creativity. I'm sure someday I will receive fewer scribbles and sculptures, but for now I will enjoy them...where ever they are displayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment