Monday, July 9, 2012

The Highlights

This was a crazy busy weekend of nothing. So...a list seems appropriate.

  1. Issa and I went on a date Friday afternoon! We picked up her lunch box and backpack for the year (which she will not let me photograph until the first day of school) and saw Brave. Awesome movie--a must see for moms and daughters. There were a couple scary parts, but she can't wait to see it again.
  2. The neighbor's fish survived the weekend! This should not be news, but we were fish sitting and he is having swim bladder issues. I was nervous.
  3. We spent most of Saturday cleaning up the rest of the tree. Thank goodness for good neighbors who not only don't get upset that there is part of a tree in their yard but also help clean it up.
  4. After church, we went to the grocery to get necessary supplies for sundaes. When you are still living on the surface of the sun, it's a necessity.
  5. Issa and Evan spent the rest of the afternoon playing with the neighbor girls. I love that these kids are growing up together.
  6. We also had a meaningful conversation with the neighbor girls about burying the lead. They came running to our door announcing Issa was hurt and I needed to come. I started sprinting imaging broken bones or gushing blood. By the time I hit the driveway, the next mom was yelling, "It's just some scraped knees!" They were some nasty scrapes, but they did not require me sprinting.
  7. The neighbor girls ended up staying for dinner at our house. Why not? It confirmed Brad and my decision that two is the perfect number. By the time we sat down, someone's drink was empty or they needed more pizza. I finally just ate in the kitchen.
  8. After so much fun, this is what we were left with:
 A different angle:
Have I mentioned Evan is a bit of a storm? Yikes. We got it all cleaned up by bedtime, and now we're ready for a whole new week! Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment