Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dinner

So...we have entered that stage of family life where we are running hither, thither, and yon. In the midst of the crazy, Brad and I have committed to still having a family dinner.

We now have a rice cooker with a delay and a crockpot, which has made this process infinitely easier, and we now eat at 6:30 or 7 instead of 6, but we are still all sitting down around the table.

Here is why I love that: we laugh. Our kids are hysterical, and there is something about sitting down with nothing to do but talk or eat that helps us all relax and refocus. We all share about our days, and at some point we end up in hysterics. I love it. Last night I thought of a million things the kids said that I wanted to post here, but this morning they are gone. What I do remember is the giggles, and I suppose that is what really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment