Monday, June 9, 2014

Our Dancer

This past week has been a blur of excitement and fabulousness. The last weekend of May, we had Issa's dance recital, and all of the grandparents plus Uncle Jeff and Aunt Shannon came to support her. Nana and Papa stayed all week, and we celebrated birthdays and preschool graduation. In short, it was heavenly. I'll spend the next few days recapping our adventures, beginning with recital...

For the last time in her first season of Company, I helped my Tiny get ready:

She has become a master at make-up and hair. I adore this girl:
 I'm hoping it's mutual:
 Dance has become our thing, and I love the time I get to spend with her while we do it. Baby girl, I will always, always be your biggest fan and your dance mom.

She was all ready for recital:
 She had a world record cheering squad:





She danced beautifully! She loved dancing her solo, and I don't think I have ever been so proud as I was when I watched my itty-bitty Issa take the whole stage and own it. She just looked joyful--like she was dancing only for herself. Just as it should be.

Today, she is dancing her solo in the second grade talent show. I'm off to cheer on my favorite dancer...

No comments:

Post a Comment