Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Puppy Update

I vividly remember being so frustrated with my mom when I was pregnant with Issa. Every time I would ask her about something unpleasant about the pregnancy, she would say, "Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." How is that possible? Then, I got pregnant with Evan and found myself saying the exact same thing to myself. You block those pieces out.

Over the past few days, I am having the same revelations about puppies. It's been ten years since I trained a puppy, and it's slowly coming back to me.

Thankfully, Neela is incredibly smart. She has already mastered sit, and she has nearly mastered come and down. Not bad for being home five days. It's also a very good thing she's so smart and sweet because we've had quite the week.

The vet came to meet Neela this week. It turns out her skin condition is a bit a trickier than we were told. We should be able to cure it in a couple of months, but it's not quite as simple as an antibiotic. The vet also decided that while there is likely some lab in her, there is also quite a bit of Great Dane. Yes... we adopted a horse.

She has also discovered the pond out back. Thank goodness for puppy wipes.

And last but not least:
The kids and I had to make an emergency run to get an extra baby gate because she could jump over the 35" gate. When we are gone or over night, she just needs to be in the kitchen to keep her safe. The double gate is the only way to accomplish that.

Like I said, it's a good thing she's so dang sweet and we are all so in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment