Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Day 106: Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was our eighteenth wedding anniversary. Look at these two kids:
I remember so much about that day, but mostly what I remember was an overwhelming certainty that I was doing the absolute right thing. We were young and clueless for sure, but I am so glad we have spent our entire adult lives together. I promise we had no idea we would be celebrating our eighteenth in a pandemic, but so much of what we have done in the last 18 years has been a surprise. We never imagined I would have a Ph.D. (we knew about his) or Brad would be CEO of his own company. We knew we wanted kiddos, but I would have never imagined the two beautiful humans we brought into this world and are getting to watch grow into amazing people we can't wait to hang out with as adults. Brad and I have literally grown up together, and I can't imagine doing that with anyone else.

And this man, he still surprises me. These arrived yesterday:
 The card was exactly the same as what he wrote on the roses he sent to my bridal room before the wedding.

We decided to make lobster bisque for dinner because it was the first meal we had in Maine on our honeymoon. I was feeling nostalgic, and Brad agreed, which is huge since he hasn't eaten lobster since he used them in his doc experiments. But here's the surprise: I learned yesterday he has never really liked lobster. We ate it three times on our honeymoon! Every time he ate it because he knew I loved it and likely wouldn't order it alone. If that's not love I don't know what is.

I have no idea what the next 18 years will hold, but I do know we will be together, and that's all that matters...

No comments:

Post a Comment