Friday, June 12, 2020

Day 88: Celebrating the End of School

We spent yesterday celebrating the end of the school year! I've already mentioned Evan's new computer, but Issa earned a Macbook! She is getting interested in interior design, so her summer project is learning some of that software, which is better on a Mac. Since they knew what their gifts were going to be, I had to do something to make it special, so we set up a scavenger hunt for the power cords! Before the hunt:

 During the hunt:
 I had seven clues, and they were apparently more difficult than I though. But...they were ultimately successful:
 They had time yesterday to start setting things up and learning the new programs. Evan is already designing some elements of the game, and Issa is learning how to work a Mac! My old yearbook advisor skills are coming in handy with that one!

We also have a tradition around here where graduations come with edible arrangements:
 I am so glad I caught Evan's face when he thought he was getting a marshmallow but it was a banana:
 Issa loves the pinapple:
 And Brad will always be a ten-year-old boy at heart::
 Which inspired Evan to also make a cantaloupe smile:
 As a final celebration, Issa and I made gluten-free filled cupcakes:
This was one wild school year, but we are so very proud of our now middle and high schoolers!

No comments:

Post a Comment