Thursday, June 11, 2020

Day 87: Fifth Grade Graduation

Yesterday, Evan closed the book on elementary school. In the morning, we joined him for his final class Google Meet:
 You haven't lived until you've been in a virtual class meeting with 24 eleven year olds. I love the end of year class awards because you get to hear all of the inside jokes from the year. Online, though, that was craziness. So many little voices all at once. Evan received the Helpful Hand award:
 Last night, we got to drive through the school lot to get his promotion certificate:
Every teacher he had from first grade on was there yelling his name, and several of Issa's old teachers were yelling hers. I cried. As ready as I am for this next chapter, we have loved being at New Hope. Those teachers have loved and taught my kids so well, and I will be forever grateful for the start they gave them. 

And because it's how we role, I set up the summer boards yesterday:
We have a daily schedule and weekly checklists, which I laminated so we can just keep reusing them!

Today, we are celebrating the graduations, and tomorrow summer officially begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment