Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Day 323: Channeling This Dog

I'm really trying to channel Neela a bit more:

 She loves nothing more than unapologetically sunning herself in our backyard. She will just flop down for as long as the sun is shining, soaking in the sun and fresh air.

I'm trying to make more time for that. The burn out is very real this week. I had to have some follow-up imaging for a mammogram. All is well, but that level of stress is not fun. My stupid ankle is still healing, and I'm increasingly frustrated at the slow progress.

And we are reaching pandemic anniversaries. Work is high stress as people continue to try to cope and some crumble. I haven't been in a school in a year, and it hurts. I am trying to support student teachers and new teachers in a district that make decisions on Tuesday that go into effect the following Monday with no clue about all that it will take to make that happen. And at the end of the day all the bucks stop on my desk. It's a lot.

Last night I called it in. No amount of gratitude practice or powering through was going to work. I took a bath and went to bed. Today, I'm trying again...and I will every day...and I'll soak in as much sun as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment