Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Back in a School

 For the first time since the Pandemic started, I spent an entire day in a middle school. I was invited to do a college and career prep session for seventh and eighth grade, and it was so lovely to see so many kids and spend an entire day back in a school.

That said, it was also surreal. These teachers are heroes. I was even more tired at the end of the day. With masks, the energy demands are so much higher to emote and hear and project your voice. The sanitation work takes time, and my hands were dry by the end of the day.

But...kids are still kids. They make me laugh, and they have adapted to this new normal. The school has had five Covid cases all year because of their protocols, and kids are learning. It's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment