Monday, May 15, 2023

Celebration Weekend

This was a weekend full of celebrations! Friday night we had our graduate hooding ceremony on campus, which is one of my favorite nights of the year! It is just our department, and I have taught every single student. The best part is I get to read their names, and there is no greater joy than seeing their faces when I call their name and listening to the people cheer.

To make it even better, I came home to Brad's first attempt at smoking on the new grill:
He did a brisket that rivals any I have ever had:
Saturday morning I was back on campus at 6:45 am for our graduation ceremonies:
I absolutely love commencement. I love celebrating our students and watching their people celebrate them. There is just nothing better.

We had Mom and Shannon over for burgers Saturday night, and the kids and I went over their last night for Mother's Day dinner. Since Brad had to fly out yesterday, we did a mini celebration and will do a full day June 10! Issa did give me a beautiful flower she crocheted, and Evan have me a new set of pottery tools! Brad got me a double sleeping bag since he and I plan to do more tent camping in the near future. And Jet gave me some great snuggles while I had an easy morning in bed:

I'm still exhausted from all of the celebrating, but I will take it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment