Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Celebration Weekend

We officially ended the dance season this weekend. Friday, the team performed at Final Fridays:
They did so well, and we managed to have dinner at Radius afterwards, which was a lovely way to kick-off the long weekend!

Saturday, we had the end of season soiree:

Issa was voted most-prepared by her team, but the highlight was Brooke and Stephanie's mash-up of all of the team dances from the year. They had to admit their choreo was harder than they thought!

Sunday morning I headed back into the pottery studio with my new apron and tools:

These babies were a lot sharper than my last set:
This is what all that replaced:
It's the set we cobbled together when I was just going back to the studio in the pandemic. I wasn't sure I would keep going, so I didn't want to spend any money. The second dragon mug survived the kiln and was ready for glazing:

And I threw my first big platter:
"Big" is relative, but I'm pretty pleased with it!

Sunday afternoon Brad and I went to a wedding for one of my former students. Five others were either in the wedding party or at the wedding. I was a little too excited when they asked me to jump in a Meredith picture with them. So often we don't get to see then end result with students, and it's so fin to see them all grown up and celebrate with them.

Yesterday was a blissfully quiet day. Kai hung out with us for most of the day, and Mom came over for dinner. Brad and Evan went to see Fast and Furious Ten before making us all burgers, and everyone helped me unpack and put away Gram's candlewick dishes. We ended the night with a toast from them, which was a great way to kick off the new week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment