Thursday, May 18, 2023

Hobbies

I have a new hobby:
I'm growing my own sprouts! I have been eating them every day lately, and a friend mentioned how early they are to grow in these cool jars:
The seeds soak for a day, and then they are rinsed twice a day for a week:
The bean sprouts start in the sleeve, and then both the bean and alfalfa sprouts finish in the sun. On day seven I had a great harvest:
these alfalfa sprouts are absolutely the best I've eaten:
I also finished Book 13:
This is a YA novel Issa heard me talk about and picked up at a book fair. It's a hard read, but it's historical fiction about three children refugees in three time periods. It's a really powerful read covering the Holocaust, Cuba, and modern Syria. I will definitely recommend it to my students!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment