Monday, August 14, 2023

Our Grown Up Treehouse

Last week, I kept hinting at a major project because I was afraid it would not work. I often have big visions that kind of fall apart on execution, but this one worked!

We have slowly been reclaiming and reshaping our backyard, and a few weeks ago we decided to convert the swing set into a grown up treehouse. Issa did all the measuring and ordering, and Evan and I started the pre-work last week. Wednesday, he and I used a crow bar to get the slides, handles, and steering wheel off. Thursday, we did the power washing after Brad made the first Home Depot run of the project:
The whole family set Saturday aside the day to work! Brad and Evan took out one tree and three stumps:
The tree was badly angled and made me nervous in every storm. The bonus is it really opens up the yard:
Issa and I set to work staining Saturday morning:

By Saturday night we could hang the canopy:

And move in the cushions:
And hang the lights and chairs:
We were hot and sweaty, but we are also all in love with the new space:
The chairs can't live outside, but the lights are so sweet at night:
I spent a chunk of time reading and napping in the treehouse yesterday, and I am envisioning many more happy times out there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment