Wednesday, August 23, 2023

The Whole Driving Thing

We are still getting used to this whole Issa driving thing.

Last Thursday, she went to pick her brother up at Black Dragon for the first time. Bless her heart. She parked across the street in the gravel, which is now mostly sand, after rain. She called when she was stuck. I tried to rock it out, and I couldn't get it either. Thankfully, three of Evan's high school teammates showed up. Those sweet boys tried to push it out and ultimately just used a tow strap. They could not have been more gracious, and I was glad Issa has a good first car trouble experience. We also now know how to rock out and where to not park.

Sunday, she made her first grocery run for us, which was nice. I had planned a new, complicated recipe, and I just didn't have the energy. It was amazing to be able to pivot without leaving the house!

Yesterday was the big day, though! Nana got a new car and generously passed down her old one to Issa:
We feel so good about her driving this tank, and she loves it! Last night was her first night of dance, and she drove herself in her car!

I am slowly worrying slightly less when she is on the road, and it is so nice that she can get she and her brother where they need to be now that I'm on campus full-time again. It's a year of new adventures, and I'm here for it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment