Friday, July 31, 2020

Day 136: One Bag at a Time

Now that our house is all in order, I am turning my attention to our backyard. It has never really been exactly what we wanted. We love, love, love all of our trees, but they have gotten a little crazy, and we have a lot of random bushes. Bottom line: it's kind of an over-grown mess.

So...I'm tackling it one yard waste bag at a time. Every morning that I don't have an early meeting, I'm going out to fill one bag. It's good for my soul. I can see huge progress every day, and it's not super overwhelming. I'm enjoying the fresh air to start my day, and I start my work day feeling like I'm already moving full steam ahead.

Issa is already thinking about how to extend our deck with a patio and furniture. She is pinning plans for some things she and I might build. We are a long way from that, but it's fun to start playing with ideas. Who knows, by fall we could be enjoying soup in a whole new backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment