Monday, March 7, 2022

A 70 Degree Snow Ball

We had such a fun weekend! Issa's studio graciously arranged the studio calendar so the girls could attend the Snow Ball, Issa's high school's semi-formal. I had taken them all dress shopping a while ago, and we became the house for the weekend. The girls gathered here to get dressed, and then we served a formal dinner before the dance. I even broke out the good china:
Issa planned the menu:
Brad made chicken alfredo and a berry Napoleon. I added a salad and sparkling lemonade. I even dressed up to serve:
And Brad dressed up to be their chauffeur: 
We only had one curling iron burn in the getting ready process, and I think I finally aired out all the hairspray and nail polish from upstairs. They looked beautiful:


And it was so fun to host them for dinner and listen to them chat:
They came back to our house after the dance. Bailey's mom had to stop over because she took a fall at the dance. Thankfully, her elbow is not broken and she was able to stay with us! They came back and had a snack and watched Ten Things I Hate About You. There was much laughter. 

Yesterday morning, Brad made waffles and we had another fun morning with them before we took them all to the studio for dance. 

I always hoped we could be a hub for our kids and their friends, and I'm so glad we got to live that this weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment