Monday, March 21, 2022

A Lot to Celebrate

We have had a long weekend of celebrating! We started with St. Patrick's Day with new mugs and fun:
I made Irish stew and soda bread:
We listened to Irish pub music and generally enjoyed the day. It's a little extra special to me since Brad proposed on St. Patrick's Day.

Saturday, Aly, Issa, Mom, and I went to Art in Bloom at the NC Art Museum, and it was hands down one of my favorite art exhibits of all time. Florists apply to participate, and then they are randomly assigned an artwork to serve as inspiration of a floral arrangement. I tried to capture the flowers with their artwork, and these are some of my favorites:


These are Audubon's ducks:

This still-life was just so cool. Even the rind of the watermelon was captured:
This arrangement captured Monet:

And this Egyptian boat was the last and one of the coolest:
We have decided to make this an annual event!

Yesterday, Mom, Issa, and I went to premiere of the ballet Snow White:
It was a beautiful ballet, and we are so excited to see their new rendition of The Nutcracker by the same choreographer! We ended the weekend with the boys at Burger Bach, which is always a favorite.

It finally feels like spring, and I am loving celebrating all things floral and warm!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment