Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Books 17 and 18

I finished two wildly different books within the last week!

Book 17 was a very quick read because it's target audience is late elementary/early middle:
Stephen Hawking and his daughter wrote it together. It's science fiction, but Stephen made sure everything could plausibly happen. It also has inserts of non-fiction about different space things. It was a cute book, and I'm adding it to one of the classes I teach on adolescent content literacy.

Book 18 was way more difficult:

It's the first book I've read entirely in Italian. It's a memoir I bought at the Museo del Diario. The woman originally wrote her life story on her bed sheet when her husband passed. It is a very sad story about life during the way for a very poor family in rural Italy. I'm proud of myself for being able to do it, but my next Italian read will need to be something happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment