Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Not a Bad First Day

 If the rest of the summer is anything like yesterday, I will take it!

I only have to come to campus two days a week, so although I worked a ton yesterday and had Zoom calls, I was actually able to be home, witness the chaos, and take a lunch walk with Brad.

Issa went to brunch with friends in the morning. Then she went to Home Depot, learned how to purchase lengths of chain, and set up the hammock in the back yard. She spent most of the day reading in the hammock.

Evan is doing a redesign of his room. Four bags are ready for Goodwill, a bag of trash went out, a load of recycling found the bin, and six of my spoons resurfaced!!! He is slowly working through everything, and I'm really excited to see what he does with the space.

We ended the day with one of my former students coming over for dinner. She is housesitting for us later this summer, and we had her over to meet the zoo. It was a really fun evening, and I was still in bed by 9:30.

It was a good, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment