Wednesday, September 13, 2023

So Much to Celebrate

We finished celebrating Issa's birthday last night:
Nana came over for chicken caesar baguettes, and I made the requested chocolate cupcakes:
 Then she took off for dance with more cupcakes to celebrate with her friends!

Please notice the "it's my birthday" glasses Allison gave her to wear. It's just once example of how loved and celebrated Issa is. 

I think that's what I'm still soaking in this morning. For the past two weeks, she has been celebrated by family and friends. I have loved listening to her laugh with her people, and I loved watching her face as she read every birthday post. Watching my village love her, well, that's a gift. Watching students I still mentor call her little sis, well, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. 

As she creeps closer to adulthood, I'm so very, very grateful for the village of generations of strong women that I watch encircle her. As she launches, she will always have us, but she also has all of them, and that is worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment