Friday, September 15, 2023

The End of an Era

When I left the public school system and started working from home for UNC, I struggled to organize life and work. Without the structure of going into the office, days kind of ran together. I had one huge project that was mine alone. It was messy. So...I got a huge white board and used electrical tape to segment it. I had a column where I could keep track of daily tasks a column for big projects. As the kids got involved in activities, I added all of their things. I use that board for 16 years.

Last weekend, it finally died. It literally separated from it's hanger and then fell into pieces on the floor. 

We have the big family white board which helps us all keep track of who is coming and going, and the kids pretty much take care of their own stuff now. So...I downsized:
This one is not just for my things, which feels a little strange. I do love it, though, and it's a fun way to celebrate a new chapter where the kids are more independent.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment