Thursday, September 21, 2023

Some Random Happy Things

The meditation space is finished:
The mats and pillows came in early, and we hung the lantern last night! We are waiting to see if the solar lantern gets enough sun to charge fully, but I'm in love. I fully intend to sleep out here this weekend, and I may do my yoga practice out there, too. Issa has done all of her college work out there this week, too. It's such a happy, cozy space!

I'm soaking in Issa's senior moments as they come. This one is not specific to her senior year but is a marker that she is so grown up:

She taught a tap class solo last week. The teacher was sick, and someone at the studio sent this to me. No helpers. Just sub plans and her tap shoes. She had fun, and she just keeps getting more and more certain that she wants to teach as she works more with kiddos.

Inks has started watching tv with us:

It just makes me laugh every time.

And I have a new favorite end of the day ritual: moon walks. I am loving taking a quick loop around the block when I am completely finished for the day. I leave my phone and home and just soak in the sounds of the insects. I have a couple of neighborhood cats that always walk up for a head scratch, and I love watching the stars come out. It's a nice way to close the day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment