Monday, December 3, 2018

The Best Cancelled Plans

I love all the holiday hoopla, but I am also a hard-core introvert, which can make December a bit of a mine field for me. Sunday morning, I woke up feeling a bit tapped out, and we had big plans to go watch the local parade. Issa is usually in it, but she had asked to skip a year so she could actually see her band friends in it. Done and done.

It was a gloomy day, and we really wanted to decorate the tree and bake cookies. Issa had homework to finish. I had mountains of laundry. Something had to give. Then the radar blipped, and the band cancelled. And just like that, our afternoon opened up!

We made the BEST gluten-free chai sugar cookies. I may never make any other kind of cookie again. The boys did a wonderful job engineering the boxes that we took to our neighbors:
 And our tree is finished:
I love hanging all of our memories every year.

The quiet afternoon was just the respite we needed, and now we are ready for another busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment