Monday, April 29, 2019

And the Birthday Celebrating Begins...

Since Brad and I are both taking my students to Italy, Evan's birthday celebrating started even earlier this year with his friend party Saturday. He is nothing if not predictable; the party was pretty much a repeat of last year. The same three buddies. The same jumping at Defy Gravity. The same sleep over not to be called a slumber party because boys don't have slumber parties. I won't make that mistake again.

His friends are so sweet. They know him well: legos and nerf and a $10 bill so he can buy whatever Pokemon set he still needs.
 Truly. These boys were a dream. A loud dream, but a dream. After bouncing, they spent most of Saturday making a movie. If you look carefully, you can see the scars and black eyes Issa created for them. It also explains Evan's hair--sort of. He was a cyborg:

 He requested a Whit's ice cream cake at the very last minute, and the universe smiled upon me and there was one in the case. I'm particularly proud of the colored flames, and the boys were enamoured:
I love that in almost every picture one of them was a motion blur.

They played video games and board games and laughed so hard it made me laugh. I can't think of a better way for my boy to kick-off his double-digit birthday celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment