Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Soup Sunday

Every fall we recommit as a family to really loving and using the things we have. Maybe it's because the cooler temperatures push us inside. Maybe it's the holidays that have us pulling out special objects and lamenting that we don't use them often enough. I don't know. But I'm enjoying the recommitment.

Sunday, Brad spent a lot of time cleaning our the garage. We let go of some things as we are working to make that into some extra livable space--mostly for yoga and training.

As he was moving things about, he moved the fire pit up to our deck, and thus soup Sundays were born:
 I had already put squash soup in the crockpot, but he pulled down Mom's old soup crocks for us to use. They are heavy pottery with handles, do they work well out by the fire:
 As long as we can, we have committed to having soup around the fire every Sunday.

After dinner, Brad got that tell-tale look on his face. We were moving furniture:
 He has such a better sense of how we need to use space than I do, and every fall he switches something up. This year, we swapped the living room and the landing. We now have a cozy space for watching TV downstairs:
 And a table for gaming a puzzling upstairs:
The Legos are already up there, and now we have more room for projects and building. It's a good thing.

I do love this new arrangement, and I'm so grateful to be using the space better. Mostly, though, I just love the people I'm sharing the space with and the memories we are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment