Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Back in the Pottery Studio

Last night, I finally made it back to the pottery studio for the first time in over a month. I've either had work commitments or the kiddos had something going at school. I've missed it.

Last night, though, I was exhausted by dinner. I also knew I was teetering on the edge of burn out. I knew I needed the outlet, but the thought of the drive down that gravel road was more than I could handle. Enter Brad.

He drove me last night. The dear, sweet man drove me and sat in the car to work and read while I played in the studio. I broke a bowl when I tried to trim it. I trimmed another bowl that may be the most regular bowl I've ever made. And...I threw a gravy boat. I was trying to make a tea cup, but I think it's going to be a decent little gravy boat!

I felt so much better as I was leaving. There is something about center clay that centers me. Even when I make a flop or break a piece, I leave feeling more whole, and I'm so grateful to have a husband that makes that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment